Foundation of Traditional Chinese medicine: 1ste Year
~ the new milestone of your future ~
Minimum admission requirement for this course:
Graduated from secondary school which is equivalent to Dutch HAVO, VWO level with sufficient language ability to follow the courses in English or Dutch.
Class Schedule: 10:00 – 17:00
September 04+05; October 09+10; November 06+07; December 04+05
January 08+09; February 05+06; March 05+06; April 09+10; May 14+15; June 11+12
Exam: July 02+03
Lecturers: Weixiang Wang, Jie li, Fengli Yao, Zhigang Yang, Marlon Tjin-A-Koeng
Congratulations! you decide to study Chinese medicine which has contributed to our health for over 4000 years.
The course “Foundation of Chinese Medicine”will be a combination of virtual class (7 weekends) and physical study (3 weekends).
The main Contents of virtual class includes:
- Ancient Philosophy of Chinese Medicine: the importance of harmonisation between nature, human beings and cosmos.
- Bridge the east with the west: evidence based medicine.
- Fundamental Theories of Chinese Medicine such as Yin and Yang, Five Elements, Meridians.
- Physiology of Chinese Medicine: Essence, Qi, Blood and Body Fluids
- Internal Organ System of Chinese Medicine: Zang Fu theory and their interactions.
- Etiology of Chinese Medicine: Six pathogenic factors; Excessive emotional activities; Improper life styles; Ageing; Improper medications and therapies; Traumatic injuries.
- Pathogenesis of Chinese Medicine: Body Constitution Theory; Predominance of pathogenic factors or anti-pathogenic Qi;
- Diagnosis of Chinese Medicine: four basic diagnostic methods including tongue diagnosis and pulse diagnosis; Diagnostic methods based on pattern differentiation for internal organs, meridians, Qi, blood and body fluid, and mind activities etc.
- Therapeutic principle of Chinese Medicine: balance of treatment and prevention.
- Patients communication: a professional attitude as a therapist.
The main contents of the practical class:
- First contact with your patients
- Feel the body by heart
- Practical physical examination
- Pulse diagnosis
- Tongue diagnosis
- Read the body language of the patients
- Patients communication and customer maintenance
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Cheng Xinnong
- The Foundation of Chinese Medicine, Giovanni Maciocia
- Practical Diagnosis in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tietao Deng
- Atlas of Chinese Tongue Diagnosis, Barbara Kirschbaum
- Diagnosis in Chinese Medicine a comprehensive guide, Giovanni Maciocia
- The secret of Chinese Pulse diagnosis, Bod Flaws
- Diagnosis in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chen Ping
- The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Medicine, Maosheng Ni