Chinese Herbal Medicine Diploma Courses
Mandatory requirement to register this course:
Finished the course “Foundation of Chinese Medicine” with satisfactory results.
Potential candidates for this course includes: acupuncturists, Tuina therapists, Shiatsu practitioners
Chinese Herbal Medicine Course takes 2 years after the study of Foundation of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has evolved over thousands of years. TCM practitioners use various herbal formulas to address health problems.
Chinese Herbs are prescribed to restore energy balance to the opposing forces of energy – Yin and Yang – that run through meridians in the body. Chinese Herbs can act on the body as powerfully as pharmaceutical drugs and should be treated with the same caution and respect.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine, Materia Medica and Chinese Herbal Medicine, (volume 1), Dan Bensky
- Chinese Herbal Medicine, Formulas & Strategies (volume 2), Dan Bensky
- Chinese Herbal Medicine, Materia Medica, Dan Bensky
- The Practice of Herbs and Formulae (syllabi), Dutch Acupuncture Academy.
- Chinese Herbal Medicines: Comparisons and Characteristics, Yifan Yang
- Chinese Herbal Formulas: Treatment Principles and Composition Strategies, Yifan Yang
- Chinese Medicine Study Guide: Formulae, Li Qing-ye
- Chinese Medicine Study Guide: Materia Medica, Zhong Gan Sheng
- Clinical Essentials of Contemporary Series Chinese Medicine, Fundaments of Formulas of Chinese Medicine, Liu Gongwang
- Clinical Essentials of Contemporary Series Chinese Medicine, Development of Formulas of Chinese Medicine, Kiu Gongwang
- Foundations of Theory For Ancient Chinese Medicine, Shan Han Lun and Contemporay Medical Texts. Guohui Liu
- Modern Study and Application of Materia Medica, Dong Zhi Lin and Yu Shu Fang
Chinese Herbal Medicine Year 1
Class Schedule: 10:00 am – 17:00
Study year 2022-2023
September 24+25 – online
October 29+30 – online
November 26+27 – online
December 17+18 – online
Januari 2023 28+29 – online
February 18+19 – physical
March 18+19 – online
April 29+30 – online
May 20+21 – online
June 17+18 – physical
Midterm Exam: February 18, 2023
Exam: July 2023
Lecturers: Jie Li, Zhigang Yang, Weixiang Wang, Marlon Tjin-A-Koeng
Chinese Herbal Medicine Course consists of online education and physical education in the ratio of 7:3. The first year education focus on the features, action of commonly-used single herbs, and classical formulas as well as the strategy on making the formulas, whilst the second year focus on how to make individual herbal prescriptions for different diseases with different patterns.